Monday, April 09, 2012

REDLINE

 So I watched Redline and since good Feature Animes have been few lately I kinda found Redline :D

Since coming back from Canada I couldn't really focus on work yet (Starting it tomorrow .. Honestly) and nothing can describe my current feelings better than this movie.. Its weird over the top .. totally fantastic and also really artsy .. I read that the project was in development hell for 7 years before getting finished but really to get something short of a rockabilly racing movie and transform it into something so distinctively Japanese an conglomeration of stupid weird and also deep stuff is only possible in anime.

So seein as its spring again .. and I am in that wierd butterfly belly mate hormones  ETC. I'm gonna run the story through from its love angle .. Theres a racer called JC who's distinctively retro in a 50s fashion who drives a Trans am in the intergalactic Yellowline competition to qualify for Redline .. He later does that in a sort unexpected way .. falls for another racer with huge boobies and in the end they finish the race .. all of it is intertwined with the race takin place on Robotworld .. a nazistic planet who deals with the racers as if they were an invading army.Its all super crazy and awesomely animated by Madhouse.

Well to keep it short The movie has a beautiful sense of emotional bare bones power and its interestingly showing through all the overdone human features and aliens .. also somehow the movie manages to capture the excitement of racing  .. couse trust me the first impression is rather strange ... So my werdict is TADADADA :X Go watch it with a friend whom u know can enjoy quirky weird stuff that doesn't always need to make sense but comes together in a beautiful way >D

No comments: